Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Cebu -- My First Writing and How it Feels Living in Together

It's been 2 years since I wrote a post here. That long! Rhyme is always telling me that I should write again. He's a great fan of my blog! :p

This will be my first post here in Cebu. Rhyme and I have lived here for almost 2 years now. We got recruited from one of the big 4 banks in the US and it would be a waste to throw the opportunity. Rhyme hesitated to go first since he don't want to be far away from his family. So, I didn't insist him to come with me and I told him that Cebu and Davao is just an hour or so plane ride away. I gave him some time to think. After a few days, he said he'll come with me (and boy, I was so EXCITED!). I guess he'll miss me a lot if he wouldn't come. Lol.

A lot has happened since we set our foot here. Generally, I say, are pretty good. We've known each other very well since we're living under the same roof. Both are parents are cool with the fact that we're living together since they know we're capable enough and we're on the right age. We're really thankful that we have cool parents.

Undeniably, there are ALWAYS people who'll judge you. It might be because most Filipinos were raised to become a true Christian, or a Catholic, by heart, and that means it's a shame when a couple lives together even though they aren't yet officially married by a priest, or some, by a judge.

Rhyme and I, or even our parents, don't think about it that much. But, I happen to encounter people (most of them I personally know) who will say something by slip of a tongue about marriage against living in, or "live-in" which is a more common term in our country, and they have this look that makes you feel they judge and are ashamed of what we're doing.

I've always had my mind to this kind of people. Since I know some of them personally, I know they go to church every Sunday or if there's a special day and they pray a lot. But, to think, these people shouldn't judge us and think themselves as righteous. Even Jesus said during one of His encounter with a woman and people were thinking of throwing a stone at her, that if they haven't sinned against God, they should throw the stone first.

Despite of this, I'm still thankful for the happiness that Rhyme brought into my life. He's the greatest guy I've ever known. He's strikingly handsome but won't admit it. He cooks for me, cleans the rooms, washes the dishes, and do the laundry while I'm on the bed. Lol. He tells me almost everyday how beautiful I am and how lucky he is. And he doesn't know how lucky I am either.




We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin. ~ André Berthiaume, Contretemps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...