Sunday, June 7, 2009

NO TIME

I found this message enclosed in a folder inside my cabinet and I thought of sharing this with you.
I knelt to pray but not for long.
I had too much to do.
Must hurry off and get to work.
For bills would soon be due,
And so I said a hurried prayer,
Jumped up from off my knees.
My Christian duty now was done,
My soul could be at ease.
All through the day I had no time
To speak a word of cheer
NO TIME to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I feared.
NO TIME, NO TIME, too much to do
That was my constant cry.
NO TIME to give those in need,
At last, t'was time to die...
And when before the Lord I came.
I stood with the downcast eyes.
With His hands He held a book,
It was the BOOK OF LIFE
He looked into the book and said
"Your name I cannot find,
I once was going to write it down
But never found the TIME".

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...