Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Pawned My College Ring In The Pawnshop


Two days ago, I went out to town to pass my resume in the call center I was applying for. My mom gave me money to buy her anti-hypertensive medicine. By the afternoon, my cousin and I went into this coffee shop to meet someone. Then, after the meeting, we attended a mass at around 5:30 in the afternoon. After the mass, we felt hungry, so we went to McDonald to eat something, then we parted ways. When I was about to go home, there I remembered I have to buy the needed medicine for my mom.

As I looked into my pockets to see where the money was, I realized I used her money and what was left was not enough to buy her medicine. My adrenaline suddenly rushed up. I had to think of a way or two to buy the medicine! Maybe I have to go back to my cousin and borrow money. No, I don't think so. My dad already borrowed some money from her and I'm not sure if he already paid her. I can't go home without the drug. What about my two ATM cards? Maybe I still have extra in it. And, so, I went to the ATM machine. The first ATM card I inserted was the card I was using when I was still employed. I felt relieved when the screen flashed 200 pesos in it. 100 pesos is enough for the medicine to purchase. Unfortunately, I couldn't withdraw the said amount. I tried to withdraw it all, but, still couldn't. Oh no! Maybe the 2nd card will help. Damn, no cash in it.

Feeling depressed about what happened, I walked in the town at around 8 pm trying to calm my already-calmed brain and thinking what to do next. Then, I suddenly saw the sign that says "Pawnshop". This is it, I thought. I had to sacrifice my only gold jewelry I was wearing that time - my college ring. As I was going nearer to the pawnshop, it was already closed. I still didn't lose hope. Maybe there were still pawnshop that open 24 hours.

Another blocks to go, there I saw the third pawnshop on my way, and good thing it was opened. I appraised my ring and the price was so good to resist and the interest was good, as well. So, I didn't hesitate to pawn my college ring. As I received the 2,600 pesos, I felt good. I went directly to a pharmacy and bought the needed medicine.

When I arrived home, I immediately gave the drug to my mom. And I didn't tell her what happened to me the entire evening. I thank my college ring for the help, but, I felt sorry at the same time for sacrificing it. I love my ring, but I love my Mom most.

My next agenda? Trying to figure out how to get my college ring back.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had to give up your ring. Your mom is lucky to have such a caring daughter though. I wish you the best of luck getting the ring back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi-May, thanks for posting a comment on my blog. However, something went wrong and I lost it. I even answered and that too is gone. :D

    Sometimes this technology does weird things or possibly I may have to admit it is operator error. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure Get the ring back later... Your such a kind daughter we will pray for your mother. thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments.

    To Fraleyb and Nitzky:
    After years of taking care of me, it's the least I can do for my Mom.

    To Ms. Lynn:
    Lol, yeah, there's probably wrong with this technology. No worries, I'll post the comment in your blog.

    Have a good day, everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...