Thursday, May 7, 2009

Friday Shoot-outs: All About Our Garden

Hey guys! As a member of the Friday Shoot-out group, it is my pleasure to post my very first assignment: all about our family's garden. So, here it is. Hope you'll enjoy these photos.

First stop. This papaya just grew itself in our garden. My mom said maybe because of the seeds of the papaya that dropped along the way as we threw it. Nature has blessed us with this tree.




We also have an aloe vera plant in a pot. Aloe vera, also known as Medicinal Aloe, has many beneficial effects for health as well as for conditioning one's hair.




Underneath it, we have this chicken that we got from our farm. This is a native chicken and I don't know when will my Dad will going to kill it for food. Well, maybe for my birthday. Old people believe that to have luck, one should kill a chicken and shed its blood with a sign of a cross in the birthday celebrant's forehead.




We also have this white-feathered chicken which we call "Bantam". I think this one is a lucky charm for Chinese. We have this chicken for 2 years now.




Now, for our flowers. My mom loves this Euphrobia flowers which my Dad's friend gave to us. We have many of these before in different colors, from green to red, to yellow and white, and pink to orange. But my Mom also gave the cuttings to her friends and to my late Grandma, who also loved flowers. Here they are.




















And, lastly, these bananas are not really a part of our garden, but I just like to share them with you. My Dad got this from our farm and, oh, how we really love to eat bananas. Some are not yet ripe but some are already available to eat.


Taken just outside the kitchen.


These are inside the kitchen and are ready to eat.


And these, well, I think they will give these to our friend neighbor.

And another papaya tree is still growing. I think my sister place the seeds in the pot and it is just still growing there.




(P.S. I think I know why the pictures didn't download last time. It is because I didn't compress or resize the photos. My mistake and my apology.)

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the gang! :) I'll drop back later to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we will all be back!

    Have a wonderful Sunday.

    Welcome to our shoot outs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: We just lost a great shooter in the Phillipines because she went back to school. We have missed seeing all the scenes around your part of the world, so hope you will stay with us for awhile once you get up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see your photos, thanks for letting me know they were up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. Am just making my presence felt, my friend.

    Thanks for the insightful post. It is interestingly innovative. May I be so privileged to follow your every post? I have been dropping your EC. Hope you're in the best of health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos, gardens and communities, from all over the world are fascinating. Thanks for the tour of yours. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU ARE A LADY WHO IS PURE IN HEART. I CAN TELL BY LOOKING AT MANY OF THE POSTS ON YOUR BLOG. IN COMBINATION WITH YOUR WONDERFUL TALENT IN PHOTOGRAPHY, YOU WILL BE A VALUED MEMBER OF OUR GROUP. gOOD JOB, JUDIE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ilove the pictures you have posted its my favorite thing photography and poetry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...